**NOTE*** the pictures from this post have been removed and will be updated soon..problems w/ photobucket! And blogger isn't showing all my text in this post even though it shows up when I edit it! GRRR! Sorry if any of it doesn't make sense ; )This week and the last I have had a few projects posted on sketchsupport. The first was made from a birthday hat sketch which I flipped to make a flower bouquet.
And this is what I made:
Supplies - Patterned paper/Cardstock: unknown, Stampin Up!, Lasting Impressions, Bazzill Shimmer;
Stamps/Dies: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Stampin Up!; Flower: Prima; Border strips: K&Company, Close To My Heart; Felt: Papertrey Ink; Pearl: Close To My Heart; Other: Thread, Rhinestones
I decided to flip the sketch and use it as a bouquet of flowers. I kept the scallop from the bottom and added it to the top border of the bouquet.
To start, I hand cut the triangle shape and made it into a 3-D pocket with the border trim attached. I then cut a pattern and solid strip to add across the front of the project. I put the pocket down on top of this and used a die to cut the "you" out and adhered it down as well. Next, I stamped the "I love" above it.
For the flowers I used border strips that I rolled up and held with adhesive. I then "folded" the edges of the strips down to make flowers. I then added a pearl and rhinestone to the handmade flowers. For the last and middle flower, I used a Prima flower with more pieces of the green border strip to make leaves behind the flowers. The two handmade flowers also have a die cut felt flower base.
Last I stitched a border around the base of the whole piece.
I will be putting this in a shadow box frame in my home.
"Little Brother, Big Love" by Amy Roller
Supplies: Patterned paper: American Crafts; Letters: American Crafts, Fancy Pants; Felt: Papertrey Ink; Ribbon: American Crafts, unknown
One of the biggest variations I made to this page was deciding to use a pattern paper for the base. Because I only had two pictures to use, I also left off the three small photos and extended my title to that area.
It helps draw your eye down and across page just as the photos would have. I followed the rest of the sketch pretty close, but used a ribbon across the bottom in place of the stripe because I didn't have a stripe that matched.