Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm still alive...I promise!!!

OMG I cannot believe it has been so long in between sorry and shame on me!  I really have been swamped with well, life!  I have been working, attending LOTS of ballgames, painting the basement, totally overhauling my scrap room and I have to admit-enjoying the summer with my boys!  I did just get home from the 8th Scrapapalooza @ Remingtons in Spfld MO! It was fun and relaxing as always.  I brought home 1st place in the sketch contest (pics to follow soon!) and my friend Cherrie won 1st in the General overall contest! Yay us!!! We also had another person at our table win 1st in the 1 pager contest.  SG had a ton of new goodies as usual and of course I bought way more than needed, but whose actually keeping track... right?  (I would die if I actually counted how many sheets of paper I own!!)  Anyhoo..I did have a couple of  LO's on Sketchsupport recently.  Here is my 2 pager...
"Flowers From Jesus" by Amy Roller
Supplies - Patterned paper: Scenic Route, My Mind's Eye, unknown; Flowers: BasicGrey, Sassafrass; Rub-ons: SEI; Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart; Rhinestones, Black pen, Butterfly: Recollections;
Stickers: Creating Keepsakes, Jolees; Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Stampin UP!; Letters: American crafts, Prima

I followed the general sketch but changed the picture sizes and placements to fit what I had. Because of this I also used different sizes of strips along with a photo across the bottom to fill in the space.

I used pre-made flowers but mixed them up and added other elements to them. I also added a rub-on stem.

Because I wanted to use a longer title, I moved my journaling further over onto the 2nd page.
The papers I used came with word strips but only 1 of each so I couldn't do a matching border across but I liked the sentiments on them. So, I just went with it and used them together anyway, even though they were different colors.
This is the 1 pager ...

Make sure to skip over and check out the sketch and see what all the other DTeam members did with it!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Little League has taken over our existence as we know it...

The boys have started T-ball/coach pitch games and we are practically living at the ball field, or so it feels like!  They are on 2 different teams this year which makes it harder to make it to all the games, many are at the same time, on different fields. So far, not to much scrapping is happening..whatever is getting done is usually for Sketchsupport so be sure to check out the site and maybe you'll see me there! LOL I hope to have a few things to post soon that aren't for sketchsupport but we shall see!    : )

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

card sketch week @ SKETCHSUPPORT

This week is card sketch week at sketchsupport.  I turned it into a wall hanging instead, but be sure to check out to print out the sketch for yourself. The pics on the site were really blurry and I'm not sure what's up with that -gotta love technology!  : (  but hopefully these will be a little better!

Wall Hanging by Amy Roller
Supplies - Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye, Stampin UP!; Waffle paper: Stampin Up!; Ink: Colorbox; Stamps: Stampin UP!; Marker: Stampin UP!; Metal charm: BoBunny; Stitching thread: DMC; Rhinestones/Pearls: Close To My Heart; Embossing folder/machine: Provo Craft; Punches/Dies: Sizzix-Stampin Up!, Martha Stewart

I started out going to make a card and just make it bigger and one thing led to another and the end result was a wall hanging. I don't have exact measurements on each piece because none of the background papers were on the sketch anyway, so I just layered as I went as far as that goes.

I stuck with the three "blocks" on the first layer but because of where the dragonfly was, I flipped the embellishments to the other side of the sketch. I hand cut several designs from the paper itself and used that as most of my flower/leaf embellishments. I also added a butterfly charm that matched perfectly. I added an extra butterfly and accented them with rhinestones and pearls. I did the same with the flowers.

I hand stamped the sentiment and then added little dark dots all around the card in highlighted areas with a marker. This helped create the movement shown in the stamped/embossed images and gave each area continuity and a better flow.

I used a strip of kraft chipboard to run through my Cuttlebug to emboss it with the "dots" folder and used it as my solid strip over my stripe. I then added a stitched border around this piece.

Next I added another layer of cardstock underneath the first and inked the edges then curled and roughed them up. I repeated this for a total of four layers, stitching around each one as well. I wanted this to have a very earthy, handmade feel to it, so nothing is exact and the stitching isn't perfectly straight. (This was hard for me. Everything in me was screaming, "Oh I need to redo that, how am I going to take this whole thing apart and re-sew if it's not straight!" I like things "square to the world" as my daddy says, so this was hard for me to leave alone. Even so this was a challenge to myself to make something I don't normally do, to step out of the box so to speak, not too far out of it I'll admit but out of it in any case.)