Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm still alive...I promise!!!

OMG I cannot believe it has been so long in between posts...so sorry and shame on me!  I really have been swamped with well, life!  I have been working, attending LOTS of ballgames, painting the basement, totally overhauling my scrap room and I have to admit-enjoying the summer with my boys!  I did just get home from the 8th Scrapapalooza @ Remingtons in Spfld MO! It was fun and relaxing as always.  I brought home 1st place in the sketch contest (pics to follow soon!) and my friend Cherrie won 1st in the General overall contest! Yay us!!! We also had another person at our table win 1st in the 1 pager contest.  SG had a ton of new goodies as usual and of course I bought way more than needed, but whose actually keeping track... right?  (I would die if I actually counted how many sheets of paper I own!!)  Anyhoo..I did have a couple of  LO's on Sketchsupport recently.  Here is my 2 pager...
"Flowers From Jesus" by Amy Roller
Supplies - Patterned paper: Scenic Route, My Mind's Eye, unknown; Flowers: BasicGrey, Sassafrass; Rub-ons: SEI; Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart; Rhinestones, Black pen, Butterfly: Recollections;
Stickers: Creating Keepsakes, Jolees; Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Stampin UP!; Letters: American crafts, Prima

I followed the general sketch but changed the picture sizes and placements to fit what I had. Because of this I also used different sizes of strips along with a photo across the bottom to fill in the space.

I used pre-made flowers but mixed them up and added other elements to them. I also added a rub-on stem.


Because I wanted to use a longer title, I moved my journaling further over onto the 2nd page.
The papers I used came with word strips but only 1 of each so I couldn't do a matching border across but I liked the sentiments on them. So, I just went with it and used them together anyway, even though they were different colors.
This is the 1 pager ...

Make sure to skip over and check out the sketch and see what all the other DTeam members did with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment