Tuesday, October 11, 2011



Here are the 2 cards I made form the card sketch @sketchsupport:



 "Friendship" card by Amy Roller
Supplies - Cardstock: Stampin Up!; Stamps: Stampin UP!, Close To My Heart; Ink/Markers: Archival, Stampin Up!; Blender pen: Stampin Up!; Patterned paper: unknown; Ribbon: Micheals,; Glitter Accent: Stickles (Patina)

On this card I made everything 1" smaller because of the size of cardstock I was starting with. I layered my cardstock, paper and ribbon as follows: yellow/blue/pattern paper/ribbon/yellow/white and also used a border punch on the pattern paper piece. The ribbon is another variation instead of a striped paper.
I decided to use stamps directly on the layered cardstock rather than add a 3D embellishment and I used flowers and a butterfly instead of stars and swirls. Next I stamped my images and then colored them using five different colors. I then blended them with a blender pen to create a water colored look. I also added in some shading around the bottom of the pot and butterfly.
I stamped the flowers twice and colored the second image as well them cut out just a portion of the flowers and popped them up on top of the first image to add depth and detail.

Next I added Stickles to the center of each flower.

Last, I stamped my sentiment and matted it as well, placing it in the bottom left of the card.

This next card, was so easy and is one of my favorites!


"It's Time to Party" card by Amy Roller
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye, Bella Blvd; Embellishment stickers: Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye; Other: Thread

I followed the measurements for this one and placed my patterned squares and then followed with a solid pattern instead of the stripe shown. I felt it looked to busy with a stripe but wanted to have the same effect so I did an accordion fold across the strip before I stuck it down. Next I placed the solid cardstock and another pattern.

I then stitched around the edges of the top square and added my large star embellishment. I hand wrote "It's time to..." on a piece of patterned paper and placed it next to the star with pop dots. Then added the "PARTY" sticker below it as well as confetti and other mini star stickers . I popped this layer up as well to add dimension.
That's it for this week, next week will be 2 page layouts! Come back to check them out!


Don't forget to head on over to Sketchsupport to see what everyone else has done with the sketch as well!

2 comments:

  1. These cards are lovely Amy...you nailed the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards. I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete